HOTEL FASANO RIO DE JANEIRO
- Santos dumont airport (sdu): 12 km/ 7 miles.
- Galeao airport (gig): 28 km/ 17 miles.
- 20 minutes from downton historic district.
- 5 minutes from copacabana beach.
- 15 minutes from sugar loaf montain.
- 79 rooms (30 SQM/ 323 SQFT) with courtyard or ocean view.
- 7 suites (70 SQM/ 753 SQFT) and 3 deluxe suites (130 SQM/ 1399 SQFT) with panoramic views over the coastline.
- Smoking and non-smoking floors.
- Cable TV in all rooms.
- Fully equipped workstation with cordless IP.
- Phone, voicemail and wireless broadband internet connection.
- 300-thread count Egyptian sheets and white goose down pillows and duvet.
- Safe and minibar.
- Connecting rooms available.
- All rooms with balconies.
- Check in at 3 pm and check-out at noon.
- Concierge service.
- Butler service.
- 24-hour room service.
- 24-hour security.
- 24-hour laundry and dry cleaning service.
- Limousine | airport greeting service.
- Valet parking.
- Handicapped-friendly room.
- Credit cards accepted: mastercard, american express, diners club and visa.
- Fully equipped business center with multi-media resources, including video conference, for up to 45 people.
CULINARY PLEASURES ABOUND AT THE FASANO RIO DE JANEIRO
The elegant setting of the restaurant is the scenario for a journey to Italy and its most refined cuisine.
Since 1982, Fasano has cultivated cuisine in which classic content constantly gains from the seasoning of imagination. The restaurant has won more awards than any other in São Paulo, and sets the standard for quality as a turning point in the history of the city’s cuisine.
Since September 2003, Fasano has a new address located on the ground floor of the new Hotel Fasano. Along with new ideas comes the traditional commitment to harmonize novelty for the palate with fundementals in the best traditions.
Rogério fasano is in charge of maintaining the restaurant’s unmistakable personality and ensuring excellence in its cuisine which is based on the flavors of the different regions in italy and incursions into their classic menus.
“Italy is a patchwork quilt in gastronomic terms,” says Rogério. “There are many different italian cuisines. Hence the delight of searching new menus and trying dishes going back over two hundred years in their history, which chef Salvatore Loi recreates with a sensitive and contemporary touch. “The first five of these menus (consisting of an entrée and four courses) are now available: Capri, Piemonte, Milano, Al Mare, and Umbria.
Architect Isay Weinfeld’s decor is defined as “Contemporary elegance, but without losing touch with origins.” Design is there to highlight the pleasures of the table, so the setting is as irreproachable as rogério fasano’s confidence in his award winning team.
The wine cellar is managed by the refined and knowledgeable Manoel Beato. the most splendid châteaux have just been joined by traditional barolos and brunnellos prospected personally by the sommelier and Rogério Fasano on visits to Piemonte and Toscana.
The restaurant seats 80 and there is a private room for up to 26 people. it has its own bar too, with live music every night.
FASANO CHANGES TO REMAIN CLASSIC
“The elegant ambiance of the restaurant creates a mood of touring italy to savor the best it has to offer in gas- tronomic refinement”
Working at cultivating gastronomy, where classical cuisine is seasoned with imagination, Fasano has been the most highly awarded restaurant for the past 13 years. It is a benchmark for quality, and a watershed in the city’s gastronomy.
Fasano reopened at a new address and with new ideas, but maintaining its long-standing commitment to blend the novelties of the palate with the fundaments of the best tradition.
Rogério fasano is responsible for maintaining the unmistakable personality of the house and for pur- suing excellence in the standards of his cuisine, inspired on refined milan as its model, a city where the Fasano family has its origins.
The novelty is that Rogério now plans on broadening the horizons of this tour through italy to discover the land and its tastes by branching out to include several other regions of italy, with forays on the clas- sical menus of regional italian cuisine.
“Italy is a patchwork quilt when it comes to gastronomy”, asserts Rogério. “There’s not just one italian cuisine; rather, there are several. That’s what’s so enchanting about researching new menus and tasting dishes that date back over two hundred years in history, dishes that salvatore loi whips up with his delicate contemporary touch”.
The challenge of the project given to architect isay weinfeld, according to Rogério, was to “Replace the old fasano with one that embodied modern elegance, without losing its reference point”. The atmosphere must, primarily, be at the service of good dining pleasure. “The new fasano is a undertaking that best reflects the partnership and team spirit that i share with isay”, says Rogério. The unmatched beauty of the surroundings adds to the confidence that rogério fasano has in his team, “a team of star players”.
In the wine cellar managed by manoel beato with the princely expertise of a science, the most treasured châteaux have just gained the company of barolo and brunnello of vintage stock, dug up personally by the sommelier and by rogério fasano in recent trips to the Piedmont and Toscana.
The restaurant serves 90 patrons and is open for dinner. Reservations are necessary.
FITNESS / SPA
- Swimming pool and steam room located on the hotel rooftop.
- Fully equipped fitness center with complimentary personal trainer.
- Spa Fasano by Renata de Abreu.